Gluten and Dairy free banana nut bread
This recipe is sure to please everyone in the family!
Ever have those over ripe bananas staring at you from across the room. You just bought them a few days ago and they already are to ripe to want to eat. Happens to me once a week HAHA. This is a banana bread recipe I have created, it is dairy and gluten free (YIPPE). This recipe is so good I had people coming back for seconds.
Is this banana too ripe?
No such thing as a too ripe banana, antioxidant levels actually increase as bananas ripen, making them perfect to add to this sweet dessert. Also you don’t want to use green bananas because they may cause some bloating and gas due to the higher resistant starch content.
Garbanzo bean flour? HUH?
I said the same thing when I saw it in the store, I was super intrigued and figured why not give it a try and test her out. I am so glad that I did it adds such a distinct flavor to the bread that makes it even more yummy and even more nutritious garbanzo bean flour is actually high in protein, fiber and micronutrients making this banana bread alone contain 22 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber!!!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 eggs, large (can use an egg replacer if needed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup avocado or any mild oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas and mash with a masher.
- Then add eggs, honey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; whisk until combined.
- Add almond and garbanzo bean flour and stir add in the chocolate chips and walnuts, mix gently with spatula to combine. Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove banana bread from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off for 10 minutes remove banana bread from loaf pan and let it cool off completely before slicing with sharp serrated knife.